Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

is my hasbend negativ ?
May 24, 2002

im pregnent and live with my man for more than 2 years, his in hi risk, i have tested negativ what are the chance that based on my resolt he will be negativ too? please help me to sleep well, i canot ask him to go to check, he will think that i dont trust him, pleas answer me what are the posbilty? thanks rona

Response from Dr. Aberg

The fact that you are negative has nothing to do with his status. There are many discordant couples in which one is positive and the other is negtive for various reasons. The only way to know for sure is for him to be tested. Maybe you could ask your doctor to talk with him about his risk factors and offer him to get tested. Your doctor can explain that this is really part of routine medical care and HIV testing is offered to everyone.

Previous
Out of Sync Lymph Node
Next
Positive 1/2 antibodies Negative Western blot

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.