Women and HIVWomen and HIV

is my hasbend negativ ?

im pregnent and live with my man for more than 2 years, his in hi risk, i have tested negativ what are the chance that based on my resolt he will be negativ too? please help me to sleep well, i canot ask him to go to check, he will think that i dont trust him, pleas answer me what are the posbilty? thanks rona

Response from Dr. Aberg

The fact that you are negative has nothing to do with his status. There are many discordant couples in which one is positive and the other is negtive for various reasons. The only way to know for sure is for him to be tested. Maybe you could ask your doctor to talk with him about his risk factors and offer him to get tested. Your doctor can explain that this is really part of routine medical care and HIV testing is offered to everyone.

Out of Sync Lymph Node
Positive 1/2 antibodies Negative Western blot