Women and HIVWomen and HIV

affraid to ask physician, who is my friend, please reply

Hi, I was just wondering if I had vaginal intercourse with a partner(HIV status unknown)5 years ago, and have only had 1 sex partner since then (who is my husband now). could i still be HIV positive even though my husband and sex partner for 4 years has been tested after a needle stick injury and was tested 4 times in the past two years because of this and was HIV negative each time. We have always had unprotected sex. Is it possible for me to be HIV positive and him not to get it from me and be negative? I'm just very curious, and would like to know. My physician is a close personal friend and I'm affraid to ask him about this. Please reply. KM-OHIO

Response from Dr. Aberg

Yes. It is possible. There are many reports of discordant couples, meaning one is positive and one is negative. The only way for a person to know their HIV status is to get tested.

STOCRIN Treatment and PREGNANCY
Another KS question