|telling the school adminstrators
May 3, 2002
My five year old daughter is HIV positive and about to enter kindergarten. Do I need to tell her school about her illness. She is asymtomatic except for a large tummy (liver). Tcell count is 800.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
You should inform the school administrator so that your daughters teacher and the school nurse are aware of her condition to ensure that your daughter receives the best care during the periods when she is at school.JLS.
HIV + and want to get pregnant
- Is Eczema A Sign Of Hiv?
- What Are The Chances Of Contracting Hiv If You Had Sex With An Infected Person?
- What Are The Odds Of Becoming Hiv Positive If You Have Sex With Someone With Hiv?
- In What Year Was Hiv First Diagnosed
- Treating Neuropathy Of The Feet
- Can Herpes Infection Cause A Positive Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.