|BREAST FEEDING (mother on HAART)
May 3, 2002
Dear Doctor, Could I breast fed my baby. I'm on triple regimen (3TC, AZT & NVP)since last two years. I also continued with the ART throughout pregnancy and did C section while giving birth, how far is the chance of my baby getting infected?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
The risk of transmitting HIV to your baby is less than 1% if your viral load is undetectable; if you have access to baby formula, I would encourage you to use formula feeding for your baby.JLS.
Hair Loss:Thanks so much
HIV + and want to get pregnant
- Chances Of Passing Hiv Through Breast Feeding
- Sex With A Prostitute Could I Have HIV
- Can U Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.