Women and HIVWomen and HIV

LESS THAN 1 ?

Hi,i found out that i was hiv positive when i gave birth to my daughter who is now 10 any not positive.Ive read that if your viral levels are less than 50 (undectable)and if your cd4 is ok(mine fluctuates from 400-600)then if you have a child there is lessthan 1 chance of infection.My husband is also positve but not on any med.i am on epivir,ziagan and viramune.My hiv doctor says that im very healthy!

Response from Dr. Aberg

Yes, there have been reports from a few major medical centers stating that if a women has an undetectable HIV viral load at the time of delivery that the risk of transmitting HIV to the baby may be less than 1 percent. I am happy to hear that your daughter is negative and that your are all healthy!

Delivering a baby
Kids out of woods???