|LESS THAN 1 ?
Apr 7, 2002
Hi,i found out that i was hiv positive when i gave birth to my daughter who is now 10 any not positive.Ive read that if your viral levels are less than 50 (undectable)and if your cd4 is ok(mine fluctuates from 400-600)then if you have a child there is lessthan 1 chance of infection.My husband is also positve but not on any med.i am on epivir,ziagan and viramune.My hiv doctor says that im very healthy!
Response from Dr. Aberg
Yes, there have been reports from a few major medical centers stating that if a women has an undetectable HIV viral load at the time of delivery that the risk of transmitting HIV to the baby may be less than 1 percent. I am happy to hear that your daughter is negative and that your are all healthy!
Delivering a baby
Kids out of woods???
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.