|Testing While Pregnant
Mar 17, 2002
Please answer- I am pregnant and timing is very important. I took a Home Access test at 95 days and 135 days past possible exposure, both negative. Is another test needed and does the pregnancy affect the results or give false negatives?
Response from Dr. Aberg
Pregnancy should not give you a false negative test. All pregnant women should be tested for HIV. I personally prefer that all pregnant women get a pregnancy test done by their provider to assure that the test was done properly.
Could an HIV related rash show up within days?
- How Often After Infected Does An Hiv Test Show You Been Infected?
- If I Had Hiv Would It Affect My Wbc Count?
- What Antibiotics Can I Take Safely If I Have Hepatitis C?
- What Is The Name Of Different Hiv Tests?
- Hiv Positive Women Seeking Seeking Men
- Can You Be A Carrier Of Hiv But Not Suffer From It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.