Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Could an HIV related rash show up within days?

Dear Judith. PLEASE HELP ME. I'm sorry but this will be a long question. But very important. I was sexually active with 2 males in Oct.2001 between Oct.14 & 23. On the 24 after having sex with the second partner I developed a rash in my genital area which later spread to my thighs, stomach, and arms. I had used condoms with BOTH males but now suspect that one of them may have taken the condom off without my knowledge. My gynocologist thought the rash (pimple like) was a yeast infection but when it spread, referred my to my regualar doctor who referred me to a dermatologist. Both the gyno and regualar doc said HIV was unlikely. In the middle of Nov.-Mid Dec. I had UNprotected sex with one of the same males (very dumb). I had gone to my gynocologist again in Jan. and requested HIV testing..it came back negative. It wasn't until this time that I also went to the dermatologist for the 1st time. He said I had folliculitis and eczema (in my armpits). The medication cleared up alot of the infection but I did not finish it all and I still have a little rash on my arms and some on my stomach but its A LOT better . I am also worried because my 3 yr old has the same "rash" in her genital/buttock area and has since about the time I got it. I've taken her to 3 doctors and they said yeast infection and then said folliculitis. She also took the same medication as me, didn't finish all of it and still has a little of the rash. :( She was NEVER around the men I was sexually active with though so I am confused about how both of us could have this. I did notice some of the same pimple like sores on one of the males (the one I had unprotected with in Nov.-Dec) but I aksed my dermatologist if this could be passed from person to person and he said "NO. But, it is hereditery." I am not active with either males. I have also been having headaches throughout the day for a month, feeling hot and fatigued. Had a sore throat for a week also (this past week) and I remember dry heaving on Christmas.

I am wondering, is it possible to develop a rash within a couple weeks of exposure to HIV? Could I have passed hiv to my child (if I have it) while using the bathroom together (helping her wipe herself after wiping myself)? How soon do HIV symptoms usually appear and If I did contract HIV in Oct. or Nov. Would it have shown in my early Jan. blood test? Would it show now if I restesy? I am so scared. I am 18 years old...not ready to die.

Response from Dr. Aberg

http://www.cnn.com swfasf

1 in 10,000
Testing While Pregnant