|1 in 10,000
Feb 26, 2002
You recently stated in a reply to a question that woman to man HIV transmission may be at a rate of 1 in 10,000 acts of intercourse. Does this qualify truly as a sexually transmissable disease?
Response from Dr. Aberg
Absolutely. If you can acquire a disease from a sexual act then it is a sexually transmitted disease.
what is HPV?
Could an HIV related rash show up within days?
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
- How Do You Get Rid Of Vaginal Cysts?
- Penicillin And Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.