Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Last on Women and Sex Toys...

Dr. Aberg, Thank you for your quick response to my "women and sex toys" question. Now, if I could just ask an educated professional oppinion of you I promise to leave you alone. My only possible contact to HIV(unless my husband isn't divulging any info)is using another woman's vibrator and as I said it had been at 1-2 hours after she used it. I am pregnant(with twins) and 20 weeks along. My doctor said that any seriological tests could be misleading because of the twin issue. Would you even be worried enough to test for HIV at this point? I just don't want to ruin these babies. PS. I did have an antibody done 11 weeks after(-) because I thought anything after 2 months was accurate and then found out that it is not good enough. Thank you so much for your very clear answers!!!!!!! Women really need more women like you!

Response from Dr. Aberg

NO. I would not get tested because of using your friend's vibrator. Stop worrying! Start focusing on those twins!!! You will need all the energy for them. Congratulations.

conception- where the father is HIV+ and the mother HIV neg.
pregnancy forum gone?