Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Women and sex toys

Dr Aberg

I know you have said that women can pass HIV to one another so I would like to know if "using" another womans vibrator, not together, but a while after she has used it would pose a risk for HIV. The vibrator had dried at least 2 hours before I used it. There really is nothing out there on this. Please respond.

Response from Dr. Aberg

You will not acquire HIV on a vibrator that has been used by someone else after a prolonged period of nonuse. If you are using a vibrator at the same time with someone who is HIV positive and it has secretions (especially if there is blood)on it, then potentially you could transmit HIV or another STD. But there is no risk as you describe. However, you should wash between users.

Viracept and lipodistrophy in brest and tummy
Dr.Aberg, it is unlawful to knownly pass HIV to another person in UK