Women and HIVWomen and HIV

What's the possibilty?

I am a 29 yr old,HIV+ woman. I have known my status for the last 9 1/2 yrs. I have never had any problems. My viral load was undetectable for over 2 yrs while on meds. I stopped my meds due to a habit of missing doses. My viral load, when last tested, was around 15,000. My question to you is this. I had sex with a man on numerous occasions. There were 2 instances that worry me. The first encounter, there was no condom used. The on another occasion, it slipped off, and yet he continued. What is the possiblitly that he was infected?

Response from Dr. Aberg

It doesn't really matter what the percent risk is if you are the person that gets it. I personally don't like playing the odds game. Some people like saying, "oh, it is a one in a 1000 or 10,000 chance". This leads to being less cautious and taking unnecessary risks. There are many factors related to transmission of the virus. Even though your plasma viral load is 15,000 copies, we do not know how much virus is in your genital secretions. Other factors that play a role is the man's immune response, whether he had any open sores, whether you had open sores, etc. So, the bottom line is that he should get tested. And you should use condoms at all times.

WHAT ARE THE FACTS
Viracept and lipodistrophy in brest and tummy