|Abacavir and pregnancy
Dec 7, 2000
Does Abacavir have any dangerous effects on a fetus if mom takes it while pregnant?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
Abacavir, like most of the antiretrovirals has not been studied in pregnant women; HIV infected pregnant women have taken Abacavir during pregnancy and delivered healthy infants; the most sensitive time during pregnancy is the first trimester; decisions concerning treatment regimens to be used during pregnancy should be made in consultation with a physician specializing in HIV care.JLS.
John L. Sullivan, M.D.
long term non progressor children
abacavir,3tc,viracept use throughout pregnancy
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of A Std?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Interesting Facts About Chlamydia
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.