Women and HIVWomen and HIV

history

I have had 15 sexual partners in 3 and a half years. In your opinion, is that too many? And would you consider that too be in the very high-risk category? I really want a straight answer if you think 15 is too many. Please. Thank You.

Response from Dr. Aberg

I am not about to judge whether 15 partners in 3 1/2 years is too many or not. I do not know the circumstances. Different cultures have different standards. Some people would say yes and others would say no. The question is "Am I at risk?" The more partners you have, the more at risk you are. Did you use safer sex methods? Do you know the HIV status of any of your partners? Did any of your partners have sexually transmitted diseases? How many other partners did your partners have? The list goes on. So, my opinion does not really matter. If you had unprotected sex with one person whose HIV status you did not know, I would say you should get tetsed. So, the fact that you had 15 doesn't change my answer. Get tested. Use protection. Practice safer sex techniques.

undetectable vl, cd4 below 200
yeast infecton chronic