Diet for Lipo

I have had Lipodystrophy for at least two years. I have had liposuction, but everything returned soon after. Taken glucophage for a year, with no change. Injected serostim for a year, no results. I am now off all of these and have been off all HIV meds for over a year. Tcells are 340 and viral is 45,000. We are checking once a month. Once I get down to 200tcell,my dr. wants to start hiv treatment again. I have big hump, large lumps of fat on the back of my head and side of my face. I am also 50pounds overweight, all on torso. I speedwalk 5miles a day. I am breathing heavy at all times. Is there some type of diet that might help alleviate this condition.Thanks

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

The closest thing to a "lipo-diet" is probably the diabetic diet. The reason for this is to control the overreaction of insulin in response to dietary intake (likely why you were on metformin-glucophage). The theoretical basis is the potential for insulin resistance to be a major player in the development and keeping the lumps and humps you mention. There have been no good studies to show what happens on this diet, but it is a healthy way to eat, so may be worth a shot. It is worth getting measures so that you can keep track of what is happening. A dietitian who is trained in doing such measures can help. If you are ambitious enough to keep track of yourself, there will be a "self-measure guide" online for you to download by the end of the year at www.TCEConsult.org.

The idea of the diet is to take your diet and distribute the carbohydrates throughout the day. So, let's say you have 8 servings of grains, 4 servings of fruit, and 2 servings of dairy per day (those are the food groups that contribute the most carbohydrate): the 14 total servings can be distributed throughout the day as follows (just a suggestion): 3 morning, 3 mid-day, 3 dinner, 2 snack. Again, you can have your diet tailored to meet your needs and preferences. Check it out!!

Just as an aside, breathing heavy can be caused by other things than cardio-style exercise. Mention this issue next time you see your doc.

OK Guy
Why's of NewFill FDA BAN