How long on Steroids?

Hi Drs, I am currently on anadrol 50mg 2x daily and androgel for wasting. Poz 13 yrs. Assuming I gain the desired weight and muscle mass, can I stop the anadrol? How long is it 'safe' to take the anadrol? I am concerned about liver tox. Would I be better off with HGH? Thanks for the info.

Response from Dr. Fisher

You did not say how long you have been on anadrol/androgel. But certainly when you gain the desired weight/muscle mass it will be reasonable to stop anadrol. Then see if you maintain your weight/muscle mass. I am assuming that you are using the androgel because you had testosterone deficiency. If so you may need to stay on testosterone replacement indefinitely. But long-term side effects of anabolic agents/steroids/testosterone in HIV patients are uncertain. We know from a large study that 12 months treatment with oxandrolone is safe. Beyond that is anybody's guess. Though my clinical experience has been quite favorable. Use of HGH is certainly associated with a number of adverse effects in some people...long-term use beyond 3-6 months has not been well studied. I don't think you would be better off on HGH if the anadrol/androgel are working.Good luck AF

Losing weight without gaining muscle weight
What about my weight?