Safety of Tenofovir

I saw in one of your recent responses that a drug called Tenofovir is now available. When I checked with my insurance plan online, I got a reply that the drug is covered by my plan but is not preferred. Before I press the issue with my insurance company, do you know any reason why the drug would not be preferred? Thanks

Response from Dr. Fisher

Only because it is new. But most insurers pay for all new antiretrovirals eventually. You should press this issue. You should make as much noise as you can because the insurers should be made to respond to these issues ASAP.

AF

New-fill availablity?
meds to built muscle mass