How does Oxandrin work?

My doctor recently prescribed Oxandrin for me to combat lipodystrophy. (Being female,testosterone was not an issue for me.)I'm feeling so much better! My weight has not changed an ounce either way, despite increased exercise and major dietary changes (for the better, with lower fats and increased lean proteins and fresh fruits and veggies). But my stamina is unbelievable. A few months ago, I could barely walk down my driveway to the mailbox, now (after using Oxandrin for about a month) I have started jogging. I can go about .3mi. I know this is not much for a regular joe, but it is life changing for me. Next month, I'll have a repeat BMI and am hoping to see more muscle,less extracellar fluid and less fat. So about Oxandrin, is the weight gain it promotes extra muscle plus the body composition you already have, or does it convert stored fat to muscle, combined with regular exercise of course?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Oxandrin is an anabolic steroid with little testosterone-like effects so it safe in women. It helps to build muscle mass, but does not change fat. The fat change is due to your increased exercise and better diet. You can take credit for that! The reason that you have not lost weight is that muscle weighs more than fat and you are building muscle and losing fat. Keep up the good work and don't take more than your MD prescribes! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

How safe is xenadrine?
NAC VS. GLUTATHIONE