Study of Dr. Tough and more

Dear doctors,

First of all, I like to ask whether any of you has heard of (and can tell my where to find more about it) a study by Dr. Tough et al. evaluating loss of total and truncal fat in 10 men with increased abdominal girth through resistance training with an aerobic component.

Then, I like to ask you what would you recommend to an HIV+ woman already practising resistance training in terms of treatment with anabolic steroids for increasing muscular gain (if is recommended, with which agent, how to adjust the doses...).

With warm regards from Spain.

SMS

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear SMS,

I have not heard of the Dr. Tough study. However exercise and anabolics certainly do help with lipodystrophic changes in the body. However they may not be the only treatment necessary. As a woman, oxandrolone and nandrolone are OK to take as anabolic agents without risk of masculinization. The former is an oral agent and the latter injectable. I would not make a blanket recommendation to take those, unless your doctor thought you were truly in need of them. Good Luck! DTD

Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Dieting with HIV
Depo Testosterone and Deca-Durabolin Combo