|Food precautions in resort in North Africa
Oct 2, 2000
I'm planning a week at a resort in North Africa; I need to know about food precautions, what to not eat? can I drink the Water? Will I be able to take my HIV med's into the country? Any information would be most helpful, Thank you
Response from Dr. Fisher
In general....only bottled water, no ice, no fresh fruit unless you can peel it yourself, no vegetables unless cooked. Brush teeth with bottled water. any MD should be able to give you this type of advice. The CDC has a web site with travel info also (at www.CDC.gov). You should take pepto bismol and an antibiotic (like cipro) with you. Be careful of the sun as some HIV meds can cause sun sensitivity (esp bactrim/septra).
And don't forget to have fun!
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.