Food precautions in resort in North Africa

I'm planning a week at a resort in North Africa; I need to know about food precautions, what to not eat? can I drink the Water? Will I be able to take my HIV med's into the country? Any information would be most helpful, Thank you

Response from Dr. Fisher

What country?

In general....only bottled water, no ice, no fresh fruit unless you can peel it yourself, no vegetables unless cooked. Brush teeth with bottled water. any MD should be able to give you this type of advice. The CDC has a web site with travel info also (at www.CDC.gov). You should take pepto bismol and an antibiotic (like cipro) with you. Be careful of the sun as some HIV meds can cause sun sensitivity (esp bactrim/septra).

And don't forget to have fun!

AF

hormones
No questions....