GH and Managing Lipodystrophy

Can human growth hormone be effectively used to combat the effects of lipodystrophy as brought on by protease inhibitors? I was on Crixivan earlier for approximately nine months which resulted in fatty deposits in "buffalo hump" and in the face and belly. I also had some wasting in the legs, arms and chest. What would be the effective dosage of gh, if it is useable and by what means can I procure it? I know that some doctors will prescribe it for wasting, but will they also prescribe to manage the fat gain? My current stats are: 6'-2", 220 pounds, working out with both resistance and aerobics. Thank you for your response!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear GH,

There is still work to be done on this idea. GH can help burn fat, however, it can also cause insulin resistance, which it looks like the protease inhibitors do as part of the lipodystrophy. It is also likely that it is not only the protease inhibitors that are causing these problems but perhaps the nucleoside analogues. If people do use GH, they should probably do a glucose tolerance test first and consider using low dose like 1-2 per day not 5-6 per day. The data is still very unclear on this, so do not think it is the magic bullet. DTD

answer to shrunken testicles
Prednisone Side-Effects