Is BIA indicated?

I was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS a year ago. At that time, my CD4 = 185 suggesting that I have been infected for several years. With HAART, my CD4s have hovered around 400 and my viral load has been reduced but not consistently undetectable. Though my weight has been stable and my health good, I'm wondering if BIA testing would be indicated in my case. Several things I have read strongly say that it is.

Could you provide some authoritative reference that I could share with my physician?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

If it is possible to have a "baseline" BIA testing done, you can have follow-ups taken from time to time to see how you are doing on maintaining important muscle and organ tissue and hydration (enough water) in your body. While the first one may not lead to any dramatic interventions (if you may have a wonderful BIA result), it will help your team to keep track of where you are when you are doing well and to intervene early if there are problem signs.

BIA is like any of the vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, etc) in that it can help you to keep track of how you are doing below the more obvious surface.

Facial weight loss, is there a fast effective way without surgery?
digestion