dry eyes/dry mouth = HIV?

Dr. Dieterich,

I am at a loss. I have been having problems with dry eyes and dry mouth over the past 6 months. My tear production was measured and is 1/2 of what a normal person should produce. I also have a dry mouth which causes discomfort throughout the day and especially at night. Can I be confident it is not HIV related? I guess what is frustrating is no explanation has been given as to why these problems are happening (my GP says these are minor problems and I shouldn't be too concerned, yet the symptoms seem to dictate otherwise). I don't want to be a worried well but it seems like dry eyes and dry mouth are commonly associated with HIV infection.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dry eyes and mouth are very non specific symptom. If really severe, it can be part of the Sicca syndrome which is an autoimmune illness. If you have any worries about HIV, GET TESTED! DTD

testosterone benefits vs. dangers
Anabolic Steroids and the Liver