Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

New-fill
Sep 19, 2001

I have been the first in my area to use DAAIR to import New-Fill for personal use and then have my trained doctor do the injections. After three treatments Im my old self again. The amount injected could not possibly account for the change in appearence as its mostly water they are injecting.It is after all a bio-catalyst.... wich means its just causing your own body to have a reaction. I understand the need for discression when you are worried about malpractice and the like but it would be pretty easy for the body experts to contact the doctors now doing the proceedure and have a look at the results. My own doctor wasnt sure if it was voodoo but after looking at the slides from before and seeing me before our third treatment his scepticism has gone bye bye..... unlike my cheeks which have said hello after a long hibernation. I see lots of sympathy out there and lots of caution but what I havent seen is any attempt to get to the bottom of what might be the hope all suffering from lippodystrophy have been praying for. Come on experts investigate before you lose your credibility....

Response from Dr. Fisher

To address your issues: 1. we've been discussing New-Fill (PLA) for months 2. I personally listened to the presentation given by Dr Patrick Amard from Paris at this year's HIV Nutrition conference in Cannes in April. And spoke with him afterwards and several times by email. 3. I have observed PLA injection being done at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London this summer 4. I now have one patient getting PLA in Florida (but his 2nd treatment had to be cancelled due to last week's events) 5. Limited availability: expensive, not yet licensed in US, few MDs trained to give it 6. Limited follow-up data: the French experience looks quite good but when I heard the presentation they still only had 10 patients at 12 months follow-up.

But I am watching developments in this area very closely. Hope all the issues can be sorted out.

AF

Previous
once again stress related to facial wasting??
Next
Positive News on Wasting.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.