|Surgical Weight Loss & HIV
Sep 12, 2001
Thank goodness I'm HIV & healthy (if you call BMI of 46 healthy!). I've tried everything to shed the pounds & am considering Bariatric surgical procedure (stomach stapling etc.). What do I need to know? Will it hurt me down the road?
My Tcells have been 300-500 for over 5 years, viral load 100-25K during the same period.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Dear Jon, Sounds like you are doing well. The problems with bariatric surgery can be surgical of course and vomiting aftewards. It would not be terrible for your HIV to do the surgery. Good luck! DTD
What helps to rebuild CD4 counts
- Contraindications For Hiv
- Hiv With Belly Fat Need To Lose Weight
- Can You Get Hiv While Using A Condom?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Show Up?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- How To Become An Hiv Counselor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.