|Surgical Weight Loss & HIV
Sep 12, 2001
Thank goodness I'm HIV & healthy (if you call BMI of 46 healthy!). I've tried everything to shed the pounds & am considering Bariatric surgical procedure (stomach stapling etc.). What do I need to know? Will it hurt me down the road?
My Tcells have been 300-500 for over 5 years, viral load 100-25K during the same period.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Dear Jon, Sounds like you are doing well. The problems with bariatric surgery can be surgical of course and vomiting aftewards. It would not be terrible for your HIV to do the surgery. Good luck! DTD
What helps to rebuild CD4 counts
- What's The Accurate Window Period To Find Out If You Hiv?
- Can You Have Aids Without Hiv?
- Hiv Aids Information More Sensitive Than Other Types Health Conditions
- Platelet Count May Indicate Hiv
- What Is The Risk Of Being Exposed To Hiv Through Pre Ejaculation?
- Cd4 Count If No Detectable Antibodies
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.