Sep 11, 2001
Hi there! My question is that can bodybuilding affect the outcome of HIV tests by delaying the formation of antibodies?
Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner
Thank you for a very interesting question. I do not know of any research that supports the notion that typical bodybuilding exercise is a factor or can either transiently or permanently alter tests for the presence of HIV in the blood. -Cade.
need help with male breasts
Dr. Avoiding Treatment for Obesity - Where to Go Now?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
- California Laws For Partner Notification For HIV
- Can Indirect Contact With Body Fluids Cause HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.