acne caused by testosterone

I have been recieving 300mg shots, twice a week, of Depo-Testoserone and have developed severe acne on my back. My doctor has resently precribed 50mg, twice daily, of minocycline. Two questions: I. Do you feel this is an effective way to treat the acne, if not, what would you recomend and 2. How soon do you think I should see a change in the acne. Thanks for any info and help you can give me.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

That is an enormous dose of testosterone. You may also want to reduce the dose to a more normal amount like 200 mg per week or every other week. The antibiotic should help, but will take a few weeks. Good luck! DTD

HIV Weight Loss?
Zoster Breakouts