lipodystrophy vs. lipoatrophy

Your advice in these forums is inspiring and extremely helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to help people like me cope with a variety of issues.

I have a few questions that I would really appreciate your advice on.

Is lipoatrophy the same as lipodystrophy? If not, what is the difference and when typically does each one manifest in HIV progression?

Is it possible to have either/both these 2.5 months after potential exposure to HIV as early symptoms of HIV?

Is weight loss or wasting typically evident 2.5 months after potential exposure to HIV?

I have had weight loss (it seems more that my legs/butt and arms are getting skinnier and the veins are more visible). At the same time, I feel small fatty bumps in my chest area (lipomas?). Could this mean that I may be infected with HIV, have lipodystrophy/lipoatrophy?

Please help me.

Mike

Response from Dr. Fisher

So get tested! I seriously doubt you could have LD 2 1/2 months after exposure. Lipoatrophy means fat loss, typically in the face, arms, legs. LD is a catch-all term that we use to describe any or all of the fat redistribution stuff that we see (both lipoatrophy and fat accumulation). And even the word redistribution if misleading because we don't know if the fat is being re-distributed. It may be wasting in one area and not accumulating in another. AF

colon cleansing
Polylactic Acid