colon cleansing

Dr, I starting taking some over the counter colon cleansing pills this week . I am just wanting to know how long I should take them and how safe is it for me to take ? I have only been taking 1 pill a day and I started taking them with the idea of loosing a few pounds that I have put on in the last month.

thank you

Response from Dr. Fisher

Very bad idea. I assume colon cleansing nmeans laxative. Laxatives should not be used except in cases of occasional constipation. Never take a laxative to lose weight; this will always be temporary and may harm the health of your colon. And how does one cleanse a colon that if is functioning correctly has to have lots of bacteria inside? AF

What to believe?
lipodystrophy vs. lipoatrophy