Aug 17, 2001
Dr, I starting taking some over the counter colon cleansing pills this week . I am just wanting to know how long I should take them and how safe is it for me to take ? I have only been taking 1 pill a day and I started taking them with the idea of loosing a few pounds that I have put on in the last month.
Response from Dr. Fisher
Very bad idea. I assume colon cleansing nmeans laxative. Laxatives should not be used except in cases of occasional constipation. Never take a laxative to lose weight; this will always be temporary and may harm the health of your colon. And how does one cleanse a colon that if is functioning correctly has to have lots of bacteria inside? AF
What to believe?
lipodystrophy vs. lipoatrophy
- Can You Catch Oral Thrush?
- Is A Brownish Discoloration Vaginal Discharge Means You Have A Std?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Are Purple Bumps On Side Of Mouth Cheeks A Sign Of Hiv?
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
- Can I Drink Alcohol With When Starting HIV Meds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.