Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Androgel
Aug 13, 2001

Dear Dr., I am 43 and HIV+. I have been applying anrogel 1 everyday for about a year. Before anrogel was on the market I had a few testosterone injections. Wish I could get the same feeling with anrogel as the injections. My most recent testosterone level was 527. I am doing OK otherwise. Just would like a little boost. Should I be taking a higher dose of androgel? Is it important to only put it on in the morning? Would I be able to apply more than one packet of androgel on special days and would that make any difference? I sometimes take a shower after only a couple hours of applying androgel because of working out. What about oral supplements? Is tribulus any good. I've read that it causes breasts.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Don't know what tribulus consists of. However you can certainly use more Androgel if you need it or you take a shower. You may want to plan ahead,though and don't put it on until you shower. Many people use two 5 gr packs per day. Good luck with it! DTD

Previous
Substances to improve/get inmune sytem worse
Next
New Fill available in NYC

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.