Baby that has wasting?

My son had a shot of steroids when he was two months old. He now has a hole in his leg, and the doctors told us that it is atrophy or wasting. The hole keeps getting bigger. No tests have been done to see if its affecting his muscle or bones. I asked about treatment, and they tell me that there is none available. I really don't know where to go to get answers or help for the baby.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Does the baby have HIV? Is that why you asked this question here? If so please resubmit the question with details about the HIV infection: CD4, viral load, etc. AF

educated quest?
Is Weight Loss Surgery a Good Idea?