Is it normal for HIV to induce low libido and erection problems?

Dear Dr.,

I am a 35 yr old male, and I want to know what is considered 'normal' ranges of testosterone. I am HIV+, but it seems like lately my sex-drive and erections are getting worse. I complain to my doctor that I am not feeling 'normal' and he claims that I am still in the lowere end of the 'normal' range. My total test. ranges in the 300-400 range and free in 60-75 range. 1) Is it time for supplementation? Anything else out there besides the injections? 2) Any 'natural' remedies to low sex-drive that you can reccommend?

Thanks for your help! I am getting very frustrated thta HIV is affecting EVERY aspect of my life.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Normal range for testosterone is 200 to 1000. However it tapers down with age. Should start at 1000 at age 21 and go down to 200 at age 80. So you have the testosterone of about a 70 year old. You should have supplementation and there is a gel, call Androgel which can be applied in the AM after showering that should help you with both libido and erections. Good luck! DTD

HCG and Clomid: How much ?
Clinical trials for silicone for facial wasting