|definition of wasting and lipodystrophy
Aug 10, 2001
can you please define wasting and lipodystrophy?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Wasting is defined as a loss of 5-10% of body weight. Lipodystrophy is usually characterized by loss of peripheral body fat in the arms and legs and accumulation of visceral fat(in the abdomen). Loss of muscle mass in the butt can also be part of this syndrome. DTD
Rebuild muscle; control fat gain
Daliy changes in Phase Angle
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.