Wasting & Diet. Does it cause night sweats?

We have noted a drastic reduction in my husbands weight an increase in night sweats and his ability to maintain his own body temp. (Always feels cold) and a decrease in appitite. Is this some how related and can we do anything to prevent it? He has had HIV for 11 years has been on meds for 4 years. His caounts are, CD4s 680 (in 1996 they were 26) viral load is <50 undetectable. Any advise is appreciated.

Response from Dr. Fisher

If his CD4 count was lower I would be very concerned about the development of an opportunistic infection. However we rarely see these infections with CD4 counts as high as your husband's. Nevertheless this should be considered and discussed with his MD.

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

possible wasting?????
Weight loss of over 50 pounds in one year