testosterone injections not raising levels and suggestions

I have been recieveing testosterone inj for well over a year. Doctor checked testosterone levels, still very low. Says he has never had a patient respond this way and has changed to testosterone patch. Is there any reason that a person can not absorb replacement therapy? Any help or direction?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes. Some people require more testosterone to get their levels up high. You should not abandon injections without pushing the dose up to a level that keeps your trough level(that is the level just before the next injection) near what it should be. There is no extra toxicity if it is hard to raise your levels. I doubt that patches are helping much. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

No sexual desire after steriods