Ques. re: testosterone replacement

I read a previous msg from a guy who has been receiving testosterone injections for a year with no change in his levels. You suggested he increase his dosage. My doctor will not increase my dosage above the current 300mg every two weeks. Should I get another doctor (I don't want to)?

Also, I have absolutely no reaction following the injections. Everyone else I know who gets the injections reports increased energy, improved mood, sexual interest. I feel ZERO. My sex drive is and continues to be extremely low and it is depressing. Do some people absorb testosterone less efficiently?

My teststerone levels have been under 200 for a long time. I am also concerned about testicular shrinkage (which is occuring). Have also heard that testosterone replacement therapy may take up to a year for results to show.

Appreciate any info. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I would recommend that you ask your MD to get a trough level of testosterone before your next injection. If you show him that it is still low, then he may be more likely to listen to you. If the level is good, then your lack of libido may be due to something else, not testosterone loss. Maybe you are depressed. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Proper testosterone level
No sexual desire after steriods