Oxandrin & toxicity + New Oral hGH

It is interesting to me that Oxandrin is generally being considered as being toxic to the liver but I understand that there are articles By CL Mendenhall, et al, showing patients hepatically benefiting from Oxandrin. As a HIV+ 38 y/o GWM with poor diet, nutrition, & exercise - who drinks beer alot and smokes like a chimney - and who is 6'2" and 125lbs Oxandrin is looking interesting. Secondly, have you heard anything about the new oral "activated somatropin" I am aware there have been unsuccessful attempts at oral hGH before but ScienCeuticals claims to have finally gotten it right. Any thoughts?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Chimney, I don't think that oxandrolone is particularly hepatotoxic. You are right in Mendenhall's study, it helped. It seems that in doses over 20 mg per day there can be some liver toxicity. I am not aware of the claims for an oral GH. It sounds like you should clean up your health habits first, especially stop smoking, then consider supplements. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

oxandrin maintenance dosing
iatrogenic hypogonadism from anabolic steriods