|question on response
Sep 7, 1999
Dr., you answered a question today of someone who is concerned after a 17 week negative result. Two questions: 1. I thought a test at 17 wks. pretty much ruled out infection. 2. Wouldn't mild night sweats alone not be sign of ARS?
Thanks for the clarification.
Response from Dr. Fisher
"Pretty much" is exactly correct. Not definitively however...24 weeks is closer to definitive. Mild night sweats are too nonspecific to be a sign of anything. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
am i wasting from HIV?
- Can You Be Hiv Negative And Have Kaposi's Sarcoma?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Ways Of Passing Hpv To Children
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.