|weight loss during ARS
May 17, 1999
What causes weight loss durig HIV acute retroviral syndrome, and is it just fat that is lost or muscle too? Also is there an average amount of lbs that are lost? DOes the lost weight come back quickly or does it take time?
Response from Dr. Fisher
This is tough because we do not regularly see pts with ARS...so I'm not sure I can answer your questions. However people do recover from ARS with regain of lost weight. Your specific questions vary from individual to individual. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
Loss of weight
Final stages of AIDS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- What Ways Can You Get Trichomoniasis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.