|Just diagnosed vegetarian... ???
Apr 7, 1999
I'm a vegetarian and I have just been diagnosed with HIV. Is there any reason that I should start eating meat or fish? I eat lots of good vegetables and tofu and am very careful with protein. I just want to make sure that I am doing the best I can.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I don't think you need to add meat/fish to your diet as long as you ensure that you meet all the nutritional requirements related to HIV. A consultation with an HIV-experienced nutritionist is very advisable.
Monolaurin - Thymus extract
Vitamin Supplements and HIV
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- Why Does Chlamydia Infect Woman More Than Men?
- Why Do I Get Bacterial Vaginosis After Sex?
- What Happens If You Don't Treat Herpes?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In Women?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.