HIv & Nutrition

Much is said about HIV related wasting and proper nutrition as a preventive measure, however little is spoken about the importance and correct nutritional habits one should have while experiencing the opposite, excessive weight gain. Although this has always been a challenge, could you please tell me where I could information that would best help me in my individual situation?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

In general, losing weight with HIV is not much different than losing weight without HIV. It is never easy and requires decreasing calories while increasing exercise. It is important, if you have HIV not to go to extreme lengths that would shock the body and cause undue stress. I would not recommend the weight loss drug that causes fat malabsorption if you have HIV. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Tighten & Tone
Decision to Start Peg?