Weight loss/plastic surgery/exercise

I really would like to know if anyone is studying about the weight loss in face with people on the triple cocktail-if surgery is done-insurance companies tend not to cover you-or is there a loop hole? How you look really affects how you feel even if you are doing good otherwise. And last, if you are tired most of the time, what kind of exercise can we hiv'ers do-really have a hardtime with these issues but wouldn't write this if I really didn't care. Thank you for this great direct forum you have available.

Response from Dr. Fisher

Plastic surgery is usually not covered if done for cosmetic reasons...facial wasting may be considered a treatment complication and might be covered, but depends on individual circumstances. I agree that how you look affects how you feel, but as of now I don't know of anything that can specifically help the facial wasting. Research is being done on lipodystrophy in general. Best exercise is progressive resistance for muscle building...this will help (slowly) with your energy level. Alvan Fisher, M.D.

How can I get mor fat in my face?
Improving facial appearence.