skinny legs and my veins

Hi ! I´m writing from Argentina and I´m very concerned. I´m HIV positive since 1987 and I´ve been on AZT, DDC and then my Dr. Added VIRAMUNE. My viral load reached 9000 and my tcells 400 but he wanted me to go on a PI so I´m taking d4t, 3tc and CRIXIVAN since october '98. Í started to notice the veins on my legs and I discovered they look skinny. I want to know: Does this mean the medication should be switched?

Would I loss fat somewhere else or it might remain just the legs ? Does gym help or there´s nothing to do ? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Fisher

What is your response to Crixivan...viral load and T-cells. I would generally not change this regimen if you have had an excellent response (viral load less that 50). There have been some studies showing improvement in this type of side effect (lipodystrophy) in patients who switched from a PI to a non-nuke (like viramune). BUT you should probably not switch back to viramune as you did not have a complete response to it. Talk to your doctor also!!

Alvan Fisher, M.D.

fat displacement?
Noticeable fat loss in my cheeks and legs