muscle weakness

I have muscle weakness, along with occasional muscle aches and overall lower body discomfort, not pain per say. For example, I will be lying on the couch (a common way to spend my days anymore) and get the feeling I must move my legs otherwise they will hurt.When sitting I can see the muscles in my legs randomly quivering every few seconds. I have also increased my food consumption, yet am loosing a small amount of weight. I suffer from lipodystropy, and in addition quite often have general feeling of fatigue.

My counts look good on everything. My doctor did draw some blood when I spent the entire appointment complaining about the above. In the past I always described the above as simply fatigue, perhaps the wrong description.

Is the way I feel normal for someone on HAART? If it is not normal, can it simply be a consaquence of the drugs and how my body handles them? What should my doctor be looking for?

Thank you, you guys are really really apreciated!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It sounds like you have restless leg syndrome. Part of the evaluation of fatigue in HIV is checking testosterone levels. You may have a low one and supplementing it could help. In addition, anabolic agents like nandrolone and oxandrolone can help build muscle mass. You should ask your physician if he or she checked testosterone? Do I sound like a broken record? Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Fat
lipodsytrophy bad and getting worse.