Why check Testosterone?

Dear Drs, I read your answer to the question "Crix Belly" (october 11th 1999). What is the reason for testing the testosterone levels in this respect? ER

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear ER, Often in men (or sometimes women)testosterone is much lower than it should be for age. This may be because there is a barrier to HIV drugs in the testis or for some other reason. Whatever the case, low testosterone can cause loss of muscle mass and weakness, depression and loss of libido. The body changes can be striking and replacement therapy is very successful. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Where to get more info about Lipo before I become a hippo
Lipodystrophy