|Why check Testosterone?
Oct 28, 1999
Dear Drs, I read your answer to the question "Crix Belly" (october 11th 1999). What is the reason for testing the testosterone levels in this respect? ER
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Dear ER, Often in men (or sometimes women)testosterone is much lower than it should be for age. This may be because there is a barrier to HIV drugs in the testis or for some other reason. Whatever the case, low testosterone can cause loss of muscle mass and weakness, depression and loss of libido. The body changes can be striking and replacement therapy is very successful. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Where to get more info about Lipo before I become a hippo
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Are Pimples A Sign Of A Std?
- Severe Back Pain And Vaginal Bleeding
- Can You Get Hiv From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.