Scientific Relation Between Exercise (Aerobic) and Reduction in Viral Load

In the case of person with HIV infection and/or Aids, could you please advise me if the link between regular exercise(such as aerobic exercise 3 times per week) and the (1)reduction of viral load; (2) increase in CD4 count; (3) increase in life expectancy; and (4) the general improvement in a HIV patients wellness, has been scientifically proven?

I am a HIV patient myself and have already proven this link in my own personal experience but require scientific proof for my research.

If possible, could you please supply the source of any research conducted on this subject.

Thank-you Rob

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Dear Rob, There is no research support for your ideas. However, there has been some work done on exercise with and without anabolic agents, specifically oxandrolone. Exercise is clearly beneficial for health in general and is beneficial in building muscle mass particularly when using anabolics. Unforunately, there is no data that I am aware of that quantifies the effect of exercise on viral load or CD4 cells. Good Luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Athlete living with AIDS
Exercise-Induced Rhabdomyolysis