Is caffeine a bad thing?

I work at a food bank for people who are hiv+. One of our clients recently commented to me that food and drinks containing caffeine are not good for people with hiv infection. If this is true, we need to make some changes in the selections we offer. What are you comments on this?

Response from Dr. Fisher

I don't believe in blanket statements such as "food and drinks containing caffeine are not good for people with hiv." Generally caffenine has little value but offers little harm in moderation. Limiting caffeine is basically a good idea for anyone, hiv infected or not. Alvan Fisher, M.D.

Diet for pregnant woman with HIV
a glass of wine...