|Diet for pregnant woman with HIV
May 19, 1999
I am pregnant and have HIV. I was wondering if there are any specific deficiencies that I have to watch out for--I'm taking folic acid. However, does a woman with HIV need to watch her diet during pregnancy more than a pregnant woman without HIV?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I believe you are doing the right thing with the folate. You may need slightly more folate then is normally required. In general if you are not having diarrhea, a normal pregnancy vitamin with the folate would be sufficient. Good Luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Soy products and HIV
Is caffeine a bad thing?
- Jock Itch Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.