|How much Protein is too much?
Oct 11, 1999
I have always heard that persons with HIV/AIDS should increase their protein intake to help prevent wasting. But recently I have heard that too much protein can be detrimental and actually cause people to become more ill. Do you have any information on excessive amounts of protein and conditions caused by this? I appreciate any info you can give me.
Response from Dr. Fisher
I'm not sure you really need to worry about "excessive" levels of protein as long as your diet is relatively balanced. Speak to a dietician! Alvan Fisher, M.D.
MENUE FOR DINNER
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Sign Of HIV Infection
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.