Diarrhea

My partner's CD4 count is below 50 with the virus raging over 1M. Besides the stress associated with such poor numbers, can you provide an explanation for the powerful diarehha he is experiencing. No other symptoms exist besides the expected fatigued and an occasional low grade fever. Any suggestions for stopping this -- expect for a well-placed cork. Is taking acidopholus an OK thing to do?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Acidopholus is OK. Can't hurt. I would use a lactose-free diet, imodium and ask your MD for deodorized tincture of opium. It goes without saying that he should be looked at for causes of dirrhea. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Effect of Eating Habits
5 years of diarrhea