Oct 4, 1999
My partner's CD4 count is below 50 with the virus raging over 1M. Besides the stress associated with such poor numbers, can you provide an explanation for the powerful diarehha he is experiencing. No other symptoms exist besides the expected fatigued and an occasional low grade fever. Any suggestions for stopping this -- expect for a well-placed cork. Is taking acidopholus an OK thing to do?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Acidopholus is OK. Can't hurt. I would use a lactose-free diet, imodium and ask your MD for deodorized tincture of opium. It goes without saying that he should be looked at for causes of dirrhea. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Effect of Eating Habits
5 years of diarrhea
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.