|Aids & type 2 diabetes
Jun 28, 1999
i have developed diabetes to go with my hiv, and diet is a real struggle (especially with the added PI limitations). the american diabetes association info i have obtained seems geared to those who are overweight. this is not my problem some dietary help would be really appreciated.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question. The diabetes that you may have is due to insulin resistance which is the commonest form of diabetes in older overweight adults. The same rules apply, about avoiding sugars and balancing your nutrition. You can consume more calories, they just need to be of the right kind associated with exercise. Consult your dietician about this. Sometimes switching off the PI to a non-PI regimen can help this. Good Luck Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.
Wasting and diabetes
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.